Health Insurance Marketplace
Need affordable health insurance?
The Marketplace may help!
Enrollment: November 1, 2016 - January 31, 2017
The Health Insurance Marketplace allows you to compare health coverage options and find plans that meet your needs and fit your budget. The Marketplace uses basic household size and annual income to determine if there are low or no cost plans for you and your family.
The Marketplace may be more affordable than you think!1
- Eight out of 10 enrollees receive help (subsidies) with monthly premium payments
- Subsidies increase as premiums rise; your cost is based on income/household size
- The median individual deductible decreased $50 from 2015 to 2016 (now $850)
- One-third of marketplace enrollees currently have deductibles $250 or less
- Over half have deductibles below $1,000
What does Marketplace Coverage offer?
All Marketplace plans include Essential Health Benefits. These benefits provide extensive coverage. No plan will deny you because of a pre-existing health condition. For more details, see the following page.
Still not convinced?
If you can afford health insurance coverage but decide to not sign up, you may have to pay a penalty on your Federal Income Tax Return. The penalty is either 2.5% of family income or a predetermined flat rate, whichever is higher. The 2016 penalty was $695 per adult, $347.50 per child, with a maximum fee of $2,085; these fees will be adjusted for inflation in 2017.
Marketplace plans include essential health benefits, such as:
- Ambulatory Patient Services
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Maternity Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health Treatment
- Pediatric Services
- Prescriptions Drugs
- Preventative and Wellness Services
- Rehabilitative and Habilitative Services
We can help you explore your options and apply for coverage. Our services are free!
Appointments are available by calling one of the locations listed below, or they can be booked online at GetCoveredAmerica.org/connector.
- Bluffton Regional Medical Center
303 South Main Street | Bluffton, Ind.
- Dukes Memorial Hospital
275 W. 12th Street | Peru, Ind.
- Dupont Hospital
2520 E. Dupont Road | Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Kosciusko Community Hospital
2101 East DuBois Drive | Warsaw, Ind.
- Lutheran Hospital
7950 W. Jefferson Blvd. | Fort Wayne, Ind.
- St. Joseph Hospital
700 Broadway | Fort Wayne, Ind.
- The Orthopedic Hospital
7952 W. Jefferson Blvd. | Fort Wayne, Ind.
(Tenemos traductores de español aqui para ayudarle.)