CT Lung Cancer Screening
Lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, but an estimated 80 percent of lung cancers could be cured if detected at an early stage.* A simple, painless CT lung cancer screening could help save your life by detecting lung cancer at an early stage, when it is most treatable.
If you meet the criteria for High-risk Category 1 below, you may be able to schedule the CT screening without a physician's order. Category 2 requires a physician referral.
Individuals with signs or symptoms of lung cancer do not qualify for a lung cancer screening.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Criteria for Lung Cancer Screenings
High-risk Category 1 (may be able to self-refer)
- Age 55 to 77 AND
- Have smoked a pack a day for 30 years or two packs a day for 15 years OR
- Quit smoking less than 15 years ago
High-risk Category 2 (physician referral required)
- Age 50+ AND
- Have smoked a pack a day for 20 years or more AND
- Have one additional risk factor (other than secondhand smoke)
Additional Risk Factors
- Current smoker or smoking history
- Disease history (COPD or pulmonary fibrosis)
- Family history of lung cancer
- History of cancer
- Radon exposure
- Occupational exposure to arsenic, asbestos, beryllium, cadmium, chromium, coal smoke, diesel fumes, nickel, silica and/or soot
Schedule a CT lung cancer screening at any location listed below. Cost for self-pay is $99** and is required at time of service. Cost can be submitted to Medicare or third-party insurance if criteria is met.
NOTE: Callers who do not meet the self-referral criteria for lung cancer screenings must request a referral from their healthcare provider.
Bluffton Regional Medical Center
(260) 919-3830 (260) 919-3830
Dukes Memorial Hospital
(765) 472-8044 (765) 472-8044
(260) 416-3006 (260) 416-3006
Kosciusko Community Hospital
(574) 372-7601 (574) 372-7601
(260) 435-7522 (260) 435-7522
*According to research from the International Early Lung Cancer Action Program (I-ELCAP), CT screening could prevent some 80% of deaths from lung cancer.
**Pricing is subject to change. Ask for current pricing when scheduling screening.