Create a Healthy Eating Plan
More in this section:
- Add blueberries to the top of your produce list. This fruit is a known disease fighting food because it contains antioxidants and is loaded with fiber and vitamin C.
- Select salmon when planning your meat and fish purchases. Salmon is an excellent source of protein and contains heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Plan on purchasing foods rich in soy protein, including edamame, soy nuts and tofu. Soy protein boosts heart-healthy fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Create a breakfast using oatmeal. The oats in oatmeal are whole grains, which are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Choose spinach among your leafy-green purchases. Spinach is packed with vitamins and minerals including folate and iron.
- Prepare a list including almonds which contain vitamin E, magnesium, fiber and heart-healthy polyunsaturated fats.